You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.
1) What is required to rent a scooter from Fatboy’s Motorbike Rentals?
For Bangkok Expats:
- Passport Copy (Please bring the original passport to show)
- Work Permit Copy (If you do not have a Work permit then you must have Condo/House contract)
- Condo/House contract copy
- 2000 baht (3000 for manual and automatic 150cc and up)
- Copy of Original Passport
- 5,000 baht
- Receipt or email confirmation of the Hotel you are staying at
- If you do not want to leave a money deposit, Fatboy’s Motorbike Rentals gives the option to customers to leave their ORIGINAL Passport as a deposit
2) When do I get my deposit back?
- Deposit will be returned once you return the scooter to Fatboy’s Motorbike Rentals.
3) Is there insurance provided?
- All Fatboy’s Motorbike Rentals have 3rd party medical insurance included free of charge
- We offer higher quality insurance for a charge of 150 baht per day. Contact us for further details.
4) Do you provide helmets?
- Yes, we provide you one or two free helmets with the scooter rental.
5) If I want to renew my contract what do I need to do?
- You will need to come by the shop and make a new contract for the new rental months or you can also do a bank transfer.
6) What if I want to purchase the bike I am renting here in Bangkok?
- All of Fatboy’s motorbikes and scooters are able to be purchased. We also do “Rent to buy”. Contact us for more details.
7) Do you do payment plans if I do decide to purchase the bike?
- Yes, we are able to do payments plans which will include a small interest rate.
8) Is riding a scooter in Bangkok for me?
- Fatboy’s Motorbike Rentals find that riding a scooter or motorbike in Bangkok is the best way to get around the city. Having one of our scooters will save you many hours of travel time each week, leaving you with extra time to enjoy Bangkok! You will also save money by not paying for expensive public transportation. No more waiting in a taxi watching the meter shoot up as pedestrians walk by your idling taxi. You can navigate yourself and really get to see Bangkok City!
9) Is it safe to drive a motorbike in Bangkok?
- Fatboy’s Motorbike Rentals believe that riding a scooter in Bangkok is very safe, as long as you pay attention to what is going on around you. There are risks involved in driving a scooter in every city in the world. Bangkok is no exception. Please be safe when you are operating your rental scooter. You should always wear your helmet at all times, regardless of how safe you feel without one.
10) Do you offer Scooter and Motorbike driving lessons?
- Due to much demand, Fatboy’s Motorbike Rentals does offer Private driving lessons.
1 On 1 Private Lesson
- 800 Baht per 30 minutes
- 1500 per 60 minutes
Group Lessons (2-4 drivers)
- 500 baht per 30 minutes (per person)
- 900 per 60 minutes (per person)
Is there insurance for the lesson?
- Yes, Our Recommended Top Insurance is 250 baht extra. (Must have valid Thai Car License or Valid Car License from other country to receive the insurance)
- Passport copy and 1000 baht deposit required for driving lessons.